by Coral Walters
Dec 26, 2021
Ensuring that you’re directing traffic to a relevant landing page after they click on your ad is essential, but why? Keep reading for a couple of reasons why you should make sure your landing page is relevant, informative and exactly what the searcher is looking for.
Ad Quality Score
Firstly, Google’s big three landing page quality factors are relevancy & original content, transparency, and navigability. Google aims to ensure that advertisers make quality websites that users will find useful and relevant.
When you’re creating your PPC ads you will be given an ad quality score – This score is based on three things:
- Expected click-through rate (CTR): The likelihood that your ad will be clicked when shown.
- Ad relevance: How closely your ad matches the intent behind a user’s search.
- Landing page experience: How relevant and useful your landing page is to people who click your ad.
If your landing page experience has been given a status of ‘Below average’ or ‘Average’, then it’s probably wise to try and improve. Here are some top tips for improving your landing page experience from a PPC perspective:
- Give people what they’re looking for. An irrelevant landing page won’t help anyone! If you’re advertising cheap holidays in Spain and direct people to a blog about Spanish cuisine, they’re going to click the back button quicker than you can say ‘paella’. If a user has clicked an ad for a specific product category, make sure that you direct them to a dedicated landing page for it — not an irrelevant product page or homepage.
- Try to include the keywords that you’re bidding on within your landing page copy to let customers (and Google) know that they have come to the right place. It’s a good idea to repeat keywords and phrases that helped to bring the potential customer to the landing in the first place.
- Keep messaging consistent from ad to landing page. Don’t include certain offers or CTAs in your ad that don’t appear on the website.
- Make your website mobile friendly. Since 2019 Google has been mobile first – This means that Google will now use your website’s mobile version for ranking rather than the desktop version. Not only this, but of the 4.66 billion active internet users worldwide, 92.6% of them access the internet through a mobile device (Statista, 2021).
- Improve your loading speed. Simply put, page speed can be the difference between a searcher bouncing and buying.
Contact Us Today
At Peaky Digital our PPC specialists are here to support your business and brand. The team at Peaky are constantly refreshing their knowledge to ensure that they are up to date on all of the new PPC developments. So, whether you’ve dabbled in paid search in the past and need some fresh eyes to offer some new suggestions, or are completely new to paid search, our team can help! Just get in touch today.
Ready to unleash your brand's capabilities in 2023?
Brand awareness, business growth or a bigger and better ROI, our team of digital specialists are here to help you get the most from your brand. Let's start a new partnership today.
Related News Articles
Sep 21, 2023
A picture is worth a thousand words, and in the marketing world, we know how effective…