If you know anything about being found quickly online, you will know that a blog is important. A lot of people make the mistake of assuming that a blog is solely there to provide readers with information, but this isn’t the case at all. Without a blog, your organic rankings can suffer.
How Does a Blog Affect Organic Rankings?
- You Can Showcase Yourself as an Industry Expert – There are sure to be a lot of other businesses that offer similar services to you, which is why it’s really important to stand out in a positive way. A great way to do this is by showcasing yourself as an industry expert online. You can use a blog to highlight your knowledge of the industry, to update readers on recent developments and to even go into detail about the services that you provide. A lot of people will purposely seek out a business that they can trust. When this happens, website traffic to your blog is boosted and organic rankings improve.
- SEO Success Relies Heavily on Blogging – As you are sure to know, SEO has a major impact on organic rankings and when it is successful organic traffic is directed to your website. When you have a blog, you can upload a great deal of regular content focusing on a set of SEO keywords and this will help in a big way. Achieving the same SEO results isn’t quite as easy without a blog, as uploading that amount content to other areas of the website is difficult.
- Blogs Encourage Inbound Link Building – In order to have a steady flow of traffic to your website, you need to think about link building. Inbound links are those that bring people from one website to another and they usually direct someone to a blog, in order to provide more information. Therefore, having a blog is important as gaining inbound links without one is difficult. When you have a boost in organic traffic to your blog, you will also have a boost in organic rankings.
When it comes to boosting your organic rankings, there are a lot of things you can do. Having a blog is always recommended for a business of any size and not having one can hold you back. To find out more about digital marketing and how blogging can help you to achieve success online, get in touch with the Peaky Digital team.
- Peaky Digital Names Cornwall Mind as Charity of the Year - January 15, 2021
- Get Ahead and Schedule Your Instagram Posts - September 16, 2020
- Super Power Your E-commerce Email Marketing With These 8 Tips - August 27, 2020