Though a website should be designed from a digital marketing and search engine optimisation perspective, it’s important that the user isn’t forgotten about. User experience is an important part of website development, as it can hugely affect whether or not a customer chooses you as their business of choice. When someone enjoys using a website, they are much more likely to purchase a product or service. At the very least, they are much more likely to remember you for all of the right reasons. User experience can help a website to stand out.
How to Improve Website User Experience
There are a lot of different things that make up user experience, but some things are more important than others. Here are some of the best ways to improve user experience of a business website.
- Sometimes, Less is More – It can be tempting to put a tonne of information onto a website, forgetting that sometimes less really is more. Nobody enjoys using a website that appears to be busy, crowded and confusing. Instead of bombarding a user with too much information, stick to the basics and avoid lengthy pieces of text. You should aim for the user to find all of the information they need within a few moments of being on the website.
- Use Images and Graphics – There’s nothing enjoyable about using a boring website and it certainly won’t be something that’s memorable. That’s why you should use images and graphics wherever possible, as well as videos. Not only do images engage and entice a user, but they also make the website a lot more entertaining.
- Consider User Navigation – It doesn’t matter whether they are looking for something specific or they’re just browsing, a user should be able to find information quickly and easily on a website. This is why navigation should always be considered when it comes to user experience. A simple navigation guide will encourage a user to spend longer on the website, which can boost SEO.
Web Development at Peaky Digital
At Peaky Digital, we offer professional web development services. It doesn’t matter how large your business is or the industry that you work in, we are able to develop a website that’s perfect for you. We take the time to get to know you and your customers, ensuring that your brand new website ticks every box. To find out more about website development, get in touch.
- Peaky Digital Names Cornwall Mind as Charity of the Year - January 15, 2021
- Get Ahead and Schedule Your Instagram Posts - September 16, 2020
- Super Power Your E-commerce Email Marketing With These 8 Tips - August 27, 2020