You may have heard of SEO, but have you heard of local SEO? Local SEO is often forgotten about, with a lot of businesses assuming that targeting a larger area is better for leads and sales. However, this isn’t the case and targeting the local area is just as important. Local SEO is a key part of building an impressive online presence.
Why is Local SEO Important?
- It Creates a Web Presence in Your Local Area – As a local business, it’s important to have a web presence in your local area. A lot of customers will purposely seek out businesses that are located nearby, so it’s important that information about your products and services can be found online.
- It’s Easier to Rank Highly in Search Engine Results – It’s difficult to rank highly in search engine results when you’re focusing on a large area, such as the entire country, as there’s so much competition. However, this isn’t the case with local SEO. When you focus on a smaller location, there is less competition from other people using the same keywords. This means that it is easier to rank well for a lot of your chosen keywords. Plus, you have the benefit of being able to use local keywords such as the town or city where you are based.
- It Works Well to Boost Leads and Sales – Local SEO is really good for boosting leads and sales. A lot of potential customers will choose a business based on where that business is specifically located, realising that it’s easy to visit a local business at a moment’s notice. This can lead to a lot of local people getting in touch to enquire about what you’re offering, simply because the know that you are nearby.
Local SEO at Peaky Digital
Though a lot of businesses immediately focus on trying to achieve SEO success on a national level, at Peaky Digital we believe that local SEO is a key place to begin. Whether you’re looking to boost your existing SEO efforts or you’re hoping to start local SEO work for the first time, we’re here to help. With a great deal of experience in helping businesses to achieve local SEO success, we’re able to create a strategy that will work for you. To find out more about local SEO, get in touch. Contact Peaky Digital today via the online contact form.
- Peaky Digital Names Cornwall Mind as Charity of the Year - January 15, 2021
- Get Ahead and Schedule Your Instagram Posts - September 16, 2020
- Super Power Your E-commerce Email Marketing With These 8 Tips - August 27, 2020