It doesn’t matter on how much content you have on your business website, you could be making some common content mistakes. A lot of businesses make the mistake of assuming that content is simply there to provide basic information, but that’s not the case at all. When you take the time to improve your content, you are giving your business a huge digital marketing boost.
Content Mistakes a Lot of Businesses Make
- Having No Clear Call-to-Actions – One of the biggest mistakes businesses make when it comes to content, is forgetting all about call-to-action commands. Blogs and articles are there to provide information and news, but that’s not to say that they can’t encourage a potential customer to take the next step in their purchasing journey. With a call-to-action, you can convince a customer to get in touch or buy a product.
- Overcomplicating Things – Though you may want to provide a potential customer with everything that they need to know, it’s important not to over complicate things. If you focus too much on technical wording and in depth explanations, you run the risk of boring the reader. This could lead to them going elsewhere for the product or service that they want. You should aim to find a balance between your content being informative and expert, without confusing a potential customer.
- Not Having Unique, Quality Content – It can be very tempting to simply copy your content from elsewhere, such as a competitor website. However, this won’t work well for SEO. Google quickly picks up on plagiarised content and won’t rank it highly, so copying content is pretty much useless. Instead, create unique content that has been written with your specific audience in mind.
Expert Content and Copywriting Services
It isn’t always easy to create high quality content yourself, especially if writing isn’t your strong point or you don’t have time to sit down and dedicate the necessary time. This is why a lot of businesses choose to enlist the help of content and copywriting specialists. At Peaky Digital, we are able to take care of your content needs. We are able to create high quality website content for any business, including blogs and whitepapers. There’s no need for you to worry about content when we’re able to take care of everything. To find out more, get in touch. A member of the Peaky Digital team is always happy to help.
- Peaky Digital Names Cornwall Mind as Charity of the Year - January 15, 2021
- Get Ahead and Schedule Your Instagram Posts - September 16, 2020
- Super Power Your E-commerce Email Marketing With These 8 Tips - August 27, 2020