How users interact with websites and navigate search engine results are becoming larger factors in SEO and website rankings. Search engines and social media networks want to provide the best answer, as quickly as possible, to users’ search queries. As part of this, Google and Twitter have introduced Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
What is an Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP)?
Accelerated Mobile Pages allows you to create a quicker and easier mobile experience for your customers. Essentially, AMP pages are HTML pages which Google and Twitter have started to roll out. AMP is an open source project designed to help web publishers create mobile-optimized content that loads instantly on all devices, according to Google.
How does AMP impact your SEO?
AMP hows as a carousel above the regular links, and is typically for news related terms. However, even if you aren’t a news website, you still have an opportunity to show within the AMP pages in Google’s search results. Therefore this helps to increase your visibility as you are able to be pushed higher up the Google page into the AMP area. It is important to note, that Google is not using this as a ranking factor….yet. Therefore, you will not get penalised for not using AMP.
AMP is starting to replace mobile results making it an important tool to consider.
Why should you use AMP?
According to Search Engine Land, they have reported the following AMP statistics:
- AMP pages are 4x faster, use 10x less data compared to non-AMP pages
- On average AMP pages load in less than one second
- 90 percent of AMP publishers experience higher CTRs
- 80 percent of AMP publishers experience higher ad viewability rates
If you have any questions, or want to know how you can utilise AMP, get in touch with us today.
- Peaky Digital Names Cornwall Mind as Charity of the Year - January 15, 2021
- Get Ahead and Schedule Your Instagram Posts - September 16, 2020
- Super Power Your E-commerce Email Marketing With These 8 Tips - August 27, 2020