Though it isn’t always easy to understand conversions, attribution models are there to help. An attribution model can help you to see where credit should be given for a conversion, as well as helping you to understand where a conversion originally came from. This is all helpful when it comes to improving your digital marketing and digital strategy. After all, you’ll want to know what’s working and what isn’t.
How to Use Google’s Attribution Models
If you use Google Analytics, you will be able to use a wide range of attribution models. All of these are slightly different and they do have slightly different ues, so it’s a good idea to understand when they are most appropriate.
- The Last Interaction Model – If you are running an advert or a campaign that encourages people to make a purchase at the last moment, this is a great attribution model to use. It attributes all of the conversion to the last thing that the customer did before buying.
- The Last Non-Direct Click Model – This attribution model ignores direct traffic to the sales page and it attributes all of the conversion to the last thing that the customer clicked through to end up on the sales page.
- The Last Google Ads Click Model – If you are running a number of Google Ads and you want to work out which achieved the most conversions, this attribution model is ideal. It attributes all of the conversion to the most recent advertisement that the customer clicked on before buying.
- The First Interaction Model – If you are running a campaign or ad to raise awareness, this attribution model can work well. It attributes all of the conversion to the first thing that the customer interacted with, which then led to them making a sale.
- The Linear Model – If you’re interested in knowing the journey a customer took before they made a sale, this attribution model works well. It gives equal credit to everything that the customer did before a sale was made, from initially finding the business to finally buying.
Understanding conversions and attribution models can be confusing, especially if you don’t have a lot of experience. At Peaky Digital, this is experience that we do have. We’re on hand to help you to get to grips with attribution models and analysing conversions. To find out more, get in touch with the Peaky Digital team.
Get A Free Website AuditWe’ll analyse your website and send you FREE report including 5 actionable tips to help improve your Google rankings.
Related News Articles
Sep 23, 2021
If you want to understand one of the most useful strategies for brands to elevate their…